Canteens must ensure that the food prepared in the canteen is safe.
Food safety and hygiene training covers all aspects of the FoodSafe® Food Handler training program. Compliance with the Healthy Food and Drink policy requires canteen staff to complete FoodSafe® Food Handler training or its equivalent. The learning outcomes for Food safety and hygiene training are:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scope of the Healthy Food and Drink (HFD) policy; including 5 areas of compliance
- Demonstrate an understanding of food safety and hygiene requirements
- Demonstrate an understanding of allergy management requirements, including legal responsibilities
- Increase knowledge of food safety and hygiene practices
- Increase confidence to implement food safety and hygiene practices
Running time: approximately 2.5 hours Cost : $15 members $20 non members
Please contact WASCA to register your interest in either hosting or attending a session.
In addition to WASCA’s food safety and hygiene courses, other suitable training includes:
- Complete FoodSafe® Online – to access the training for FREE using a ‘WASCA Unique Code’, see the WASCA training page or
- FoodSafe Online and training packages can be purchased from Environmental Health Australia; $35 or
- Online food safety courses