- 3 tablespoons olive or grapeseed oil
- 1 large leek (white part only), finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 big cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4½ cups chicken or veg stock (reduced salt)
- 5 cups frozen peas
- 1 bunch dill, finely chopped
- ½ cup light sour cream
- Heat oil in a large saucepan; add leeks, onion, and garlic. Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add the stock, bring to boiling point, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add peas, bring to gentle boil and cook for 5 minutes, or until the peas are tender.
- Remove from heat, season with pepper and add dill.
- Blitz soup in blender until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk in the sour cream and serve.
A note from Anna
Sometimes I use mint when dill is out of season and if you don’t have sour cream, yoghurt also works well.
When you’re making this at home, an extra dollop of sour cream on top makes itextra special!