WASCA is a not-for-profit, non-government health promotion charity organisation based in Western Australia formed in 1994. WASCA assists canteens and other food services to provide and promote healthy choices and operate economically viable and professional businesses. We do this by empowering food services with training, practical tools, information and advice as well as working in partnership with schools and the wider community, government, food industry, workplaces and other non-government organisations.
The WASCA Executive Committee governs the organisation and act on behalf of all members. They work closely with the office team to ensure WASCA remains a viable entitiy meeting funding obligations and member needs
Roles of the committee
- To define and monitor the strategic direction of the Association
- To define policies and procedures to ensure the Association operates within legal and social requirements of its environment
- To establish control and accountability systems within the Association’s operations to conform to legal requirements and the expectations of members
- To develop a learning environment with an emphasis on innovation.
Responsibilities of the committee
- Make decisions in the best interests of the Association as a whole
- Advocate in the best interest of other members of the Association
- Review and monitor the Association’s affairs and policies
- Keep continually informed about the activities of the Association
- Demonstrated commitment to WASCA’s health policy when acting as a committee member
- Take steps to correct any problem areas
- To accept responsibility for agreed delegated tasks.
President – Anna Propser
Vice President – Cre Millar
Vice president – Pip Slaughter
Treasurer – Junell Jones
Secretary – Dionisia Tsoskos
Committee – Beki Bampton
Committee – Stephanie Benjamin
Committee – Marcelle Coakley
Committee – Trish Pepper