CORE Finance training will address – Costings, Operations, Record keeping, and Expenses.
This course is designed to help you and the team at your school manage the canteen as an effective small business. The course is recommended for the Canteen Supervisor, Canteen Committee Chairperson, P&C/parent body Treasurer and any other members of the school community involved in financial management of the canteen.
This course will provide you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to make decisions about operating a financially viable canteen. The learning outcomes include:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the requirements of setting up a financial management system for a canteen, including pricing, stock control, standardisation and portion control, maintaining accurate daily sales records, maintaining accurate financial records
- Increase knowledge of how to operate a financially viable canteen, including analysis of income and expenses
- Increase knowledge of how to calculate menu prices, including recipe costing templates
- Increase menu planning skills to ensure a viable food service is provided
- Increase confidence to implement financial management practices.
This is a 3-hour course delivered either face to face or via video conference.
Face to face:
- Sessions will either be held in the WASCA office in East Perth or a school/community venue in your local area in the Perth Metropolitan Area (regional sessions will be considered based on sufficient numbers to make the session viable)
- If you would like to host a session all we require is a room (staff room, library or hall) with tables and chairs and access to a screen or smartboard to project on to
- Course materials will be provided at the session; we recommend bringing a recipe you would like to cost during the session and a copy of your profit and loss information, if available.
- You will need access to a computer with good quality sound and video
- Ensure you have a quiet place to work from without interruption or too much background noise
- If you do not have a personal computer or appropriate area to work, please chat to your Principal/parent body about a suitable computer and space at your school
- Course materials will be sent to you prior to the session.
- Course fees are subsidised for WASCA members.
- WASCA members: $50 per person
- Non-members: $75 per person
The next training session will be hosted online on Monday 2 October 9.00am – 12.00pm. Register to attend or advise if you would like to schedule an alternate date and/or venue here; be sure to tell us if you would like to participate in the session face to face or via video conference and your preferred day/time.
Check out the Events page and/or latest news section of the website for other scheduled sessions and events..