Membership of WASCA is offered to schools and individuals working in canteens in Government, Catholic and Independent schools throughout Western Australia.
There are two categories of membership – Ordinary membership (voting rights) and Associate membership (no voting rights).
Ordinary membership is available to –
- Individual persons who have been actively engaged in the daily management/organisation of a school canteen during the past five years;
- Any school community which has responsibility for the operation of a school canteen, such school community shall be represented by one delegate.
Associate membership is available to –
- Representatives of companies active in the provision of goods and services directly to school canteens;
- Persons with an interest in the work of the Association.
What does WASCA offer to members?
- Assistance to implement the Department of Education’s Healthy Food and Drinks Policy.
- Information and advice. If we don’t have the answer, we will refer you to the appropriate body/person.
- Provision of resources to assist schools and community groups to implement and maintain an economically viable, nutritional food service that reflects the health promoting school model.
- The opportunity to become an accredited star-rated canteen under the Star Canteen Accreditation Program 2 (StarCAP2).
- The Star Choice Food Registration Program, including production and distribution twice per year of an updated Canteen Buyer’s Guide of products.
- Spring and Autumn editions of the newsletter, CanTeam keep members up to date with current canteen issues.
- Quarterly discussion forums at general meetings of members.
- Members receive discounts when purchasing resources, when attending professional development training sessions, and are offered reduced registration fees to attend the annual Canteen Conference/Healthy Choice Food Expo.
- Support networks in regional areas.
- The opportunity to have input into the national body representing school canteens, the Federation of Canteens in Schools (FOCiS).
Decide which category of membership, complete an application form, and return with your cheque made payable to WASCA, PO Box 3484, East Perth, WA 6892 or make a direct deposit to our Bank Account (BSB 306 035, Account No. 419 758 5).
Download the current membership form and fee categories.