- 200g polyunsaturated or monounsaturated margarine
- 500g dried dates, chopped
- 200g Milk Arrowroot biscuits
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Dessicated coconut to roll date balls
No time to roll, no worries – at step four place mix in to a lamington time and press down evenly, sprinkle
with coconut and refrigerate.
For a gluten free option, choose gluten free biscuits.
- Melt margarine and sugar in a saucepan, stirring until sugar has dissolved
- Add chopped dates and cook until dates are soft and mushy, allow to cool
- Break biscuits into small pieces; add vanilla and biscuits to date mixture and combine well
- Roll mixture in wet palms until a small ball is formed then roll lightly in coconut
- Place in fridge.
Nutrition information panel
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Per 100g|