- 0.5 cup brown sugar
- 125g polyunsaturated margarine
- 0.5 cup golden syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- 2.5 cups plain white flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
- Cranberries and currants, optional
- Combine the sugar and margarine in a bowl and beat until light and creamy
- Add golden syrup and egg yolk and beat until combined, stir in flour, spices and bicarb soda
- Turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth, wrap the dough in plastic and chill for 30 minutes
- Place the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll out until about 4mm thick. Use a 9cm gingerbread man cutter to cut out shapes.
- Place on trays about 3cm apart. Repeat with any excess dough.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until brown. Remove from oven. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Decorate with cranberries and currants
Nutrition information panel
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Per 100g|