- 2 cups self-raising flour (These have been trialled in the WASCA office using gluten free flour and work very well)
- 2 400g cans creamed corn
- 4 tablespoons reduced fat milk
- Olive oil or canola spray
- Mix flour, creamed corn and milk together in a large bowl. This makes quite a thick batter, more like damper than pancake mixture
- Heat a large frypan and spray with oil
- Use a large spoon to dollop spoonfuls (about ¼ cup size) of batter into the frypan. Cook on a medium heat until golden brown on that side, about 3-5 minutes. They will puff up a bit too.
- Flip over and cook for another 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Repeat until the batter is all used.
- Add 2 eggs to make these fluffier and higher in protein
- Fresh, frozen or canned veg will bulk these up and make them healthier.
- Try tinned corn, frozen beans, grated sweet potato
- Add pops of flavour like pepper, curry powder, sundried tomatoes, chillies, Italian herbs or olives
Nutrition information panel
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Per 100g|