- 12 chicken thighs, trimmed of any fat
- 2 tablespoons Whittington’s creole/Cajun spice mix
- 1-2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 12 wholemeal rolls or wholegrain soft wrap
- ½ small red or green cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 big Granny Smith apple, grated
- 1 green capsicum finely sliced
- 2 large carrots grated
- ½ large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander, finely chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- ¼ cup reduced fat mayo
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place chicken thighs in a bowl and evenly coat both sides with spice mix.
- Heat oil in a large pan and lightly cook the thighs for approximately 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to lined baking tray and bake in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Toss all slaw ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in a jug, and combine with salad.
- Serve on a plate or in a burger bun or wrap.
A note from Anna
Recipe uses 1.2kg of thighs which means each burger/wrap contains 100g per serve. For a milder flavour swap mint/coriander for parsley.
If you can not prepare raw chicken in the canteen, this recipe also works with plain precooked chicken, follow the same steps but only pan fry until chicken is heated and skip cooking in the oven.
Also, Whittington’s sell bulk Cajun/creole spice at a good price!