- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100g polyunsaturated margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add margarine and mix well
- Spread mix onto a lined baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp
- Allow to cool, store in airtight container.
- Substitute maple syrup or honey instead of sugar
- Add pumpkin or sunflower seeds to the dry ingredients
- After baking add chopped dried fruit such as cranberries or apricots.
- Place a tablespoon of crumble on top of cooked fruit such as apple or pear
- Use as a filling for baked apples
- Layer fruit, reduced fat yoghurt and crumble in a clear plastic cup
- Winterfold Primary School make amazing pear desserts by cutting a pear in half long ways, scooping out the seeds, placing a tablespoon of the uncooked crumble mix on each pear half, and then baking in moderate oven until the pear has softened and crumble is golden.