- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Drain chickpeas and rinse thoroughly
- Place chickpeas and all other remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve with vegetable sticks and pita crisps.
Making crackers to go with dip is economical and healthier than many store bought packets. You can use any type of pita bread or wrap and simply cook them on a flat sandwich press. Wraps/pita bread come in a variety of flavours such as garlic and herb, spinach and sundried tomato. This means there is no need to add extra flavour. Plain wraps/pita bread can be sprayed lightly with olive oil then sprinkled with herbs such as oregano, rosemary and garlic powder. Za’atar, a Middle Eastern spice mix is great sprinkled on plain wraps/pita bread. Allow to cool slightly then cut into wedges and stores in an airtight container.