All kids love the famous canteen cheese toastie. Recreate these at home with a few delicious twists.
- 1 long bread roll
- ½ cup reduced fat cheese, grated
- Optional extras: 1 teaspoon Vegemite, 3 slices of tomato or 1-2 slices of lean
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Slice the bread roll long ways leaving one edge attached
- Fill with grated cheese or any other filling
- Wrap in foil and bake in a hot oven for 10 minutes
- Peel back the foil from the top, wrap the base in a napkin, enjoy.
Nutrition information panel