- 5 dried shitake mushrooms
- 200g dried sweet potato noodles (available at major supermarkets)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, cut into thin sticks
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 120g baby spinach leaves
Choose at least 1 ingredient from
Green layer – lettuce, celery, snow peas
Red layer – tomatoes, capsicum,
jar tomato salsa
Yellow layer – corn kernels, capsicum,
Orange layer – carrot
Purple layer – cabbage, kidney beans
200g low fat sour cream
- 1 cup low fat natural/Greek yoghurt
- 1 pack multigrain crackers or
- ½ bag corn chips or home made pita chips (see recipe tip)
- Large glass bowl or clear container, chopping board, knife, grater, small bowl, spoon, tongs or serving spoon, snap lock bag
- Chop green vegetables and spread across base of bowl for the first layer.
- Chop red vegetables and add to bowl on top of green vegetables. Spread salsa over top of red layer.
- Repeat steps for yellow, orange and purple layers, by grating cheese, grating and chopping vegetables (as required). Add each coloured layer to the bowl.
- Mix sour cream and Greek yogurt in small bowl. Spread mixture over top of purple vegetable layer.
- Crush crackers or alternative in snap lock bag. Sprinkle crumbs over top of the salad.