Nan Marlow Award for Excellence in Volunteering
Information about how to nominate a worthy volunteer in 2023 will be updated in March 2023.
The 2022 award was presented at the WASCA General Meeting, Tuesday 17 May 2022, and coincided with National Volunteer Week which was also a fabulous opportunity to recognize all volunteers.
2022 Nan Marlow recipient Norman Gibbons Westminster Primary School
2022 recipients of Volunteer thank you packs
This award is a great way to recognise those special people who contribute many hours to your school canteen. The award is sponsored by The Just Pizza Company and Manager Simone Trewhella, recognises the valuable contribution volunteers play in schools and is proud to be involved.
The outright winner is the nominee who has contributed the highest number of volunteer hours in the canteen. They will win a prize valued at $1,000. The prize will be customised to suit the winner:
- Such as a weekend package for two people at a five-star hotel including dinner and special treats
- A personalised trophy
- Have their name included on the perpetual trophy which is held at the school for 12 months.
- All nominees receive a certificate acknowledging their contribution
- Each school who submits a nomination will receive a volunteer gift pack for the canteen. The pack will help canteens acknowledge their amazing volunteers throughout the year.
Who is eligible?
- Schools nominating must be current members of WASCA
- All school canteen volunteers
- A canteen supervisor who works in a voluntary capacity (i.e. does not receive wages or an honorarium).
All members of the school community (e.g. canteen staff, parent body, principal or other school staff) can nominate canteen volunteers for this award. All you need to do is calculate the hours of service and complete the nomination form found here.
The award will be presented at the WASCA General Meeting, Tuesday 17 May 2022, this meeting will coincide with Volunteer Week which is a fabulous opportunity to recognize all volunteers. Venue to be confirmed.
Entries should either be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations must be received by close of business Monday 9 May 2022.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.