To ensure compliance:
- ALL personnel responsible for preparing and serving food such as canteen staff and volunteers must complete Foodsafe® Food Handler training or its equivalent and
- Maintain appropriate record keeping to meet Environmental Health audit requirements and
- Complete All about Allergens for schools training
This ensures practices and procedures are implemented. It is recommended that training is completed every five years.
See the Food Safety and Hygiene page for all the relevant information and to access the training.
Training can be completed in a number of ways: we recommend the following two options:
- FoodSafe Online ($35) and training packages can be purchased from Environmental Health Australia. If you are interested in completing more advanced training Food Safety Australia have a number of online courses, such as a Food Handlers Certificate Course, fees apply.
- Search your local council website, contact your local council as they often provide FREE access to the training.