To ensure compliance:
- ALL personnel responsible for preparing and serving food such as canteen staff and volunteers must complete Foodsafe® Food Handler training or its equivalent and
- Maintain appropriate record keeping to meet Environmental Health audit requirements and
- Complete All about Allergens for schools training
This ensures practices and procedures are implemented. It is recommended that training is completed every five years. Training can be completed in a number of ways: we recommend the following options:
- WASCA has a FoodSafe® subscription which provides FREE access to the online training. Simply email us with your name, school name and role (e.g. canteen supervisor, canteen volunteer, home economics teachers) and we will send you a unique access code and instructions – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Search your local council website or contact your local council as they often provide FREE access to the training
- FoodSafe® Online ($35) and FoodSafe® training packs ($132) can be purchased from Environmental Health Australia. If you are interested in completing more advanced training Food Safety Australia have a number of online courses, such as a Food Handlers Certificate Course, fees apply.
If you are interested in completing more advanced training Food Safety Australia have a number of online courses, such as Food Handlers Certificate Course, fees apply.