LiveLighter for families
Small changes can help get the whole family eating healthy and moving more whilst saving time and money! Use LiveLighter for Families to develop healthy habits to help your family reach Australian standard guidelines for physical activity and nutrition and save you money and time in the process. Discover delicious meals the whole family will enjoy, and tips on how to make the most of your time and money at school, home, and when you’re out and about
- ‘Getting Kids to Eat Well’ by Glenn Cardwell is a fantastic quick read that will put feeding kids in perspective. The book, plus other information are all available from Glenn’s website.
- We all know how important dairy foods are for growing strong bones. Dairy Australia has a wealth of information and great recipes.
- Heart Foundation has a range of healthy and delicious recipes and many lunchbox tips to inspire you.
- Parents Voice is “your voice on food and activity”. They regularly run advocacy campaigns around children’s food and physical activity issues; represent their members’ collective voice in the media; and lobby governments, food manufacturers and key decision makers for improvements.
- Foodbank WA also run great nutrition programs in schools that have amazing recipes for you to try at home, check out their Food Sensations program here.
- Funded by the WA Department of Health the Better Health Program (BHP) is a free 10-week healthy lifestyle program for children aged 7-13 years who are above a healthy weight and their families. Program sessions are 2 hours long and are held after school across a school term. Programs are offered at various sport and leisure or community facilities in the Perth metropolitan area.