The Western Australian School Canteen Association Inc has recently updated the Online Traffic light training to better reflect the Face to face version. The training uses interactive videos, activities and
content, the new and improved course will guide you through the traffic light system, health and nutrition, planning a great menu, advocating for healthy food and drinks and so much more.
The learning outcomes from this course are:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scope of the Healthy Food and Drink (HFD) policy; including 5 areas of compliance
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of school stakeholders in implementing the HFD policy
- Increase knowledge of health and nutrition
- Increase understanding the Traffic light system of categorising food and drinks
- Develop canteen menu assessment skills
- Increase confidence to accurately colour code the canteen menu and assess compliance
- Develop food selection skills for planning a nutritionally balanced menu and increase the percentage of green items
- Demonstrate an understanding of advocating for healthy food and drinks.
To access the training click on this link