Nan Marlow Award for Excellence in Volunteering – nominations for 2021 are now open
This award is a great way to recognise those special people who contribute many hours to your school canteen. The award is sponsored by The Just Pizza Company and Manager Simone Trewhella, recognises the valuable contribution volunteers play in schools and is proud to be involved.
The outright winner is the nominee who has contributed the highest number of volunteer hours in the canteen. They will win a prize valued at $1,000. The prize will be customised to suit the winner:
- Such as a weekend package for two people at a five-star hotel including dinner and special treats
- A personalised trophy
- Have their name included on the perpetual trophy which is held at the school for 12 months.
- All nominees receive a certificate acknowledging their contribution
- Each school who submits a nomination will receive a volunteer gift pack for the canteen. The pack will help canteens acknowledge their amazing volunteers throughout the year.
- Who is eligible?
- All school canteen volunteers
- A canteen supervisor who works in a voluntary capacity (i.e. does not receive wages or an honorarium).
All members of the school community (e.g. canteen staff, parent body, principal or other school staff) can nominate canteen volunteers for this award. All you need to do is calculate the hours of service and complete the nomination form found here.
The award will be presented at the WASCA General Meeting, Tuesday 18 May 2021, this meeting will coincide with Volunteer Week which is a fabulous opportunity to recognize all volunteers. The meeting will be held at The Stirling Community Centre, 164 Cape Street Tuart Hill.
Entries should either be posted to PO Box 3484, East Perth, WA 3484 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations must be received by close of business Monday 10 May 2021.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Volunteer Welcome Kit
This kit aims to help you recruit, welcome, train, retain, recognise and reward volunteers with the objective of operating a successful food business.
After all, your volunteers are your most precious resource.
Download the Volunteer Welcome Kit.
Where to get your volunteers?
If you have exhausted the pool of volunteers at your school it’s time to spread the net a little wider. For some great ideas of places to contact see this article – Volunteers: Get them, keep them and thank them!