The Robin Bromley Visionary Grants program aims to empower Canteen Supervisors to undertake professional development and training and/or enhance the canteen by purchasing essential equipment with funds provided by this program. This is a Western Australian School Canteen Association Inc. (WASCA) initiative in partnership with Brownes Dairy.
Each of the following criteria MUST be met:
- Grants are available to Canteen Supervisors or canteens in schools of all education systems within Western Australia only
- The canteen/school must be fully compliant with the Department of Education’s Healthy Food and Drink (HFD) policy including:
- having a written Healthy Food and Drink school policy
- skills and knowledge – representatives from the school have completed ‘Traffic Light’ training
- canteen menu is compliant with the HFD policy
- school community involvement e.g. newsletter communications
- paid and voluntary canteen staff have completed food safety and hygiene training
- Applicants can be either in a paid or volunteer capacity providing they are the Canteen Supervisor/Manager i.e. the person responsible for running the canteen
- Members of the WASCA Executive Committee are eligible to apply for the grants, however, if applying, they will be excluded from the selection panel for the funding period
- Successful applicants and/or schools cannot reapply over two consecutive years
- If the application is unsuccessful, the Canteen Supervisor or canteen is eligible to reapply the following year.
The grant can only be used for approved purposes. Examples include but are not limited to:
a) Professional development/training e.g. TAFE Canteen Management course, accredited food safety and hygiene training, computer skills training
b) Essential equipment that will enhance the canteen and allow items categorised as green to be made, displayed or stored.
Please contact Amanda Ferguson if you have any questions email@example.com