WASCA produces a range of case studies called ‘HARVEST: Bright ideas from the field” to publicise what canteens are doing to advocate for healthy food and drinks in their schools. Go to the Case studies page to see what other canteens are doing.
- Healthy catering
- Create a healthy and interesting catering menu that supports the policy
- Start with using the recipes on the WASCA recipe page for those colour coded either green or amber
- Many Star Choice suppliers provided great food and drinks suitable for catering events
- Kindy orientation session
- Attend and promote the canteen, Healthy Food and Drink in Public Schools policy, healthy lunch boxes and children’s health
- Secondary schools and fast food outlet access for students
- Work in partnership with school staff and parents to reduce student access while in school uniform/during school hours/before school
- Classroom parties: keep it healthy, fun and simple,
- You are a role model and your actions are critical to the creation of a supportive culture where healthy food and drink choices are valued and encouraged.