Traffic light training covers all aspects of the Department of Education’s Healthy Food and Drink Policy. Compliance with the policy requires representatives from the school to complete this course.
The face to face session is a great opportunity for you to have a ‘health check’ of your canteen menu and discuss menu ideas with other school and canteen staff.
Traffic light training is also available online at www.waschoolcanteens.org.au/training
Learning outcomes include:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scope of the Healthy Food and Drink (HFD) policy; including 5 areas of compliance
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of school stakeholder in implementing the HFD policy
- Increase knowledge of health and nutrition
- Increase understanding the Traffic light system of categorising food and drinks
- Develop canteen menu assessment skills
- Increase confidence to accurately colour code the canteen menu and assess compliance
- Develop food selection skills for planning a nutritionally balanced menu and increase the percentage of green items
- Demonstrate an understanding of advocating for healthy food and drinks
Running time: approximately 2.5 hours Cost : $15 members $20 non members
Please contact WASCA to register your interest in either hosting or attending a session.