Running a canteen is equivalent to running a small business. It is essential to understand the financial situation in the canteen at all times to maintain a viable business. During the financial management training, you will learn all about:
- Correctly calculating pricing for menu items
- Recipe costing
- Standardisation, portion control and waste minimisation
- Marketing and promotion techniques
- Record keeping and stock control
- Each school will be given a WASCA USB with pre-formatted templates.
Canteen staff and parent body representatives who are responsible for the canteen are encouraged to attend.
Running time: approximately 2.5 hours Cost : $15 members $20 non members
Please contact WASCA to register your interest in either hosting or attending a session.