Running a canteen is equivalent to running a small business. It is essential to understand the financial situation in the canteen at all times to maintain a viable business. The learning outcomes for the Financial management training are:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scope of the Healthy Food and Drink (HFD) policy; including 5 areas of compliance
- Demonstrate an understanding of the requirements of setting up a financial management system for a canteen, including pricing, stock control, standardisation and portion control, maintaining accurate daily records
- Increase knowledge of how to operate a finically viable canteen, including analysis of income and expenses
- Increase knowledge of how to calculate menu prices
- Increase menu planning skills to ensure a viable food service is provided
- Increase confidence to implement financial management practices
Canteen staff and parent body representatives who are responsible for the canteen are encouraged to attend.
Running time: approximately 2.5 hours Cost : $15 members $20 non members
Please contact WASCA to register your interest in either hosting or attending a session.