Nan Marlow Award for Excellence in Volunteering – nominations for 2019 are now open
This award is a great way to recognise those special people who contribute many hours to your school canteen. All nominees receive a certificate acknowledging their contribution to your school so why not nominate each and every one of those who support you?
The award is sponsored by The Just Pizza Company. The manager, Simone Trewhella, recognises the valuable contribution volunteers play in schools and is proud to be involved in this award.
The outright winner is the nominee who has contributed to highest number of volunteer hours in the canteen. They will win a prize valued at $1,000. The prize will be customised to suit the winner:
- such as a weekend package for two people at a five-star hotel including dinner and special treats
- a personalised trophy
- have their name included on the perpetual trophy which is held at the school for 12 months.
- All nominees receive a certificate acknowledging their contribution
- Each school who submits a nomination will receive a volunteer gift pack for the canteen. The pack will help canteens acknowledge their amazing volunteers throughout the year.
Who is eligible?
- All school canteen volunteers
- A canteen supervisor who works in a voluntary capacity (i.e. does not receive wages or an honorarium).
All members of the school community (e.g. canteen staff, parent body or school staff) can nominate canteen volunteers for this award. All you need to do is calculate the hours of service and complete the enclosed nomination form.
The award will be presented at the WASCA Annual General Meeting, Monday 26 August 2019, held at Stanlee, 79 Walters Drive, Osborne Park.
For all the details about nominating your valued volunteers see the Nan Marlow Nomination form. Entries close on Monday 19 August 2019.