TAFE canteen management course
Class of 2016
Check out the slide show from our Semester 2, 2016 students
Are you interested in further training? Have you considered the TAFE Canteen Management Course?
You will receive comprehensive training that will give you a definite advantage in your current workplace and/or when applying for employment in the industry.
- Practical food preparation in a commercial kitchen
- Group work including role play, class discussions and assignments
- Units are integrated into content and assessment
- Network opportunities with people in the canteen industry and experts in the health and nutrition field.
Venue: South Metropolitan TAFE, Bentley
Provisional start date: Semester one, Tuesday February 5, 2019 for 20 weeks
Timetable: Tuesday evenings 5.00pm- 9.00pm for 20 weeks, depending on numbers
Course fees: The fees are set by TAFE and are subject to change. Based on previous years we understand the fees range from approximately $300 – $600, depending on concessions. For more information about fees please contact Mike Burgess at Polytechnic West, Bentley – Michael.Burgess@smtafe.wa.edu.au
- SITHKOP302 Plan & Cost Basic Menus
- SITXFIN201 Process Financial Transactions
- SITHCCC207 Use Cookery Skills Effectively
- SITXFSA101 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety
Course pre-requisites: Completion of Year 10 and a commitment to child/adolescent nutrition and health, and economically viable school canteens.
For more information or to register your interest contact WASCA on 9264 4999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To whom it may concern,
My Canteen Manager (Karen Thornhill) benefitted greatly from completing the Canteen Management Course in 2016. I have observed a rapid increase in her strategic and operational capacity that has had an immediate impact on Canteen Operations and more broadly the school community.
Example of this include:
- Application of the Traffic light system to the menu and an increase in the diversity of the menu while keeping costs in check
- Changes to OHS practice and standards
- Community consultation re menu, work practices etc.
- Renewal of our whole school Healthy Eating Policy.
This completion of this course was an extremely important capacity building experience for Karen.
Principal, Grovelands Primary School
(Correspondence sent to WASCA December 2016)
“The course has been so much fun. I don’t want it to end!” Jessica, 2016
“The course lecturers were amazing. Their passion and dedication is inspirational and I could never thank them enough for the support and guidance they have given me.” Paul, 2016
“Thank you, I thoroughly enjoyed the course and learnt so much.” Kelly, 2014